Friday, February 24

Cafe Rosso


17D Lorong Liput. T.6466 8637

If nothing else, the cakes at Cafe Rosso are aesthetic marvels. Beautiful. My naive "I'll-only-be-five-minutes" peek at the counter found me soon picking one, then two, then three slices to take away before I realised I was losing control--I wanted everything!

So I halted the takeaway and sat down. The evening's to-do list would remain 'to-do'. There were (obviously) more pressing issues at hand. But what to have?

The final reckoning saw me poke my fork into three cakes: the I.S. Cheese, the warm chocolate cake and the Tartufo (I think, see right). It was a wonderous, guilt-free indulgence--each of them was as light, subtle and unassuming as the other. Which amazed me, especially because their texture, form nor overall quality was compromised in the process. But because I like my cheesecakes not densely cheesy and my chocolate cakes completely the opposite, my vote went to the I.S.Cheese in the end.

Yes, the afternoon was well spent.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROSH! your blog is amazing...initially, I just skimmed through and thought...mmm, nice stuff. but when I came on a second time and started reading the entries and admiring the full size images, I was mesmerized and became oh so hungry.

I'm sending you a "white-balanced" image of the cheesecake that you might want to use...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home