Sunday, March 26

Suckling Pig, Bangkok


Rama IV

We just had a big dinner but felt that we had room for more. So the group of us headed out to this open-air restaurant to try the much talked about suckling pig. Ok, it may look a bit scary but it did taste fabulous. It was well roasted, and the skin, which was the main part of the suckling pig dish, was superbly crunchy. We also had the pepper crab steamboat, a variation of the pepper crab but in soup form. My friends loved it but it tasted more like pepper soup to me. We also had some lovely mimosa stir-fry (right). Its similar to the “touch me nots” plant that we play with every so often as kids. Only the Thais stir-fry it with garlic and chilli. It can be a bit fibrous but is extremely tasty.

4 Comments:

At 2:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Could I have detailed directions and address for this place. I thought I read about it long ago on makansutra forums but the directions were not very clear. I just now it was open air suckling pig at rama IV.

Nice blog, if only there was a link at the bottom to view the previous posts instead of scrolling all the way to the top and remembering which month I just finished reading as I can't seem to find dates marked on the entries.

 
At 12:36 am, Blogger tlc said...

Hi Cindy

I have a card to this place that is entirely in Thai that I show to the cab driver each time I get the craving. Its a pretty huge area along Rama IV. In fact there are several restaurants here all serving about similar dishes, pretty much like the East Coast Seafood row. Apologies I cant be more detailed with the directions. Try the concierge of the hotel you are staying at.

As for the entries - they are mostly dated except for when I put in a number of entries on the same day. Thanks for your suggestion though!

c.

 
At 7:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed
every little bit of it. I have you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you
post…
Also visit my web page ; topografía

 
At 7:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attractive component to content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in
accession capital to say that I acquire in fact loved account your weblog posts.

Anyway I will be subscribing on your feeds or even I success you
get admission to persistently rapidly.
My homepage :: Instalación geotermia en Madrid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home