Wednesday, April 26

La Fenetre Soleil, Ho Chi Minh

2nd Floor, 135 Le Thanh Ton, District 1 (Entrance at 125 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia) T. 822 5209

After roughing it out at dinner, we headed for La Fenetre for dessert. I had half expected yet another hole in the wall type place like Crab 94, after having to scale two flights of dingy steps and passing a woman who looked dressed in her jammies, but I was pleasantly surprised. What I saw before me was an oasis of calm. A very pretty space dressed up in homey sofas and lounge chairs that invite you to just chill in the dim lighting and soothing music. We tried a local dessert of dough balls (pretty much like the tang yuans in Singapore) in a ginger soup, and a yam pudding. I am not much of a fan of “sticky” textures in food but it was a very nice rest spot regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home