Wednesday, July 19

Hong Sheng Seafood

Along Cactus Road, Selertar Garden (off Yio Chu Kang Road)

I love finding fab restuarants tucked in neighbourhoods that no one, but the residents, thinks of looking into.


Hong Sheng was far from empty when we arrived and the food took 20 mins to arrive. Still it took us away from the crowds and offered a really nice change.

Its serves mean black peppper and chilli crab dishes with just the right kick from the spices though my mom did find the crab a tad soft (I happen to like it that way). Its mussel with sambal (hot chilli paste) was deliciously spicy and tender (You have to love mussels to know what I am talking about).

Other tasty treats: sweet and sour pork, pig’s tail stew (according to father and brother); fish maw soup; and steamed cod. I found the fried chicken and stewed duck dishes ordinary.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home