Monday, July 17

Le Papillion

28 Maxwell Road, #01-02 Reddot Traffic Building T. 6327 4177


Ok, so Le Pappillion has been receiving mixed reviews – but more good than bad. Its fairly new on the scene, and from what I have heard and tasted, the chef is still refining the offerings.

I opted for the degustation menu (averagely priced at S$85 / US$50) with six courses excluding the quaint little starter of rolled zucchini with balsamic and the strawberry sorbet before the main couse.

Highlights for me were the watermelon topped with a mix of goat cheese, pinenuts and basil; the crab salad in a light broth with melon; the strawberry sorbet which reminds me of the frozen strawberry dessert I used to love as a kid; and the seafood broth (below). Main couse of beef tenderloin was a bit on the chewy side while the dessert of chocolate tart tasted ordinary (head the establishment was missing a pasty chef). Which leads me to conclude that the Chef Anderson is far better with dishes that work with fruit, which though refreshing does not appeal to everyone. In anycase, its worth a second visit to see how the menu evolves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home