Wednesday, July 4

Bodegon Alejandro, San Sebastian



I keep shaking my head at the memory of this meal. If I were Martin Berasategui, head chef and proprietor of Bodegon Alejandro, and one of the most highly regarded chefs in the region, I would seriously keep closer tabs on the kitchen. I felt embarrased on his behalf to have been given an apple-filled crepe so thick, tough and burnt besides. Where was the quality control?? It completely destroyed my dining experience, not just because I like my dessert but because it was the last part of my meal and instead of ending it with a flourish it just caused it to turn turtle. To be fair, the bacalao con pil-pil (salted cod fish with a special salsa, a typical dish in the region) was very tasty and was nicely fried, crisp on the outside, soft and juicy on the inside. And the starter of squid-ink pasta with seafood was good enough too. Not outstanding, I have to admit, but sure, of a reasonable standard. But alas, with dessert so bad, you can bet your bottom dollar I won't be going back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home